- Please use a recent version of Google Chrome for all Workshop activities.
- Many activities can be tested in a web browser but are more satisfying with hardware. Options for buying hardware are below. Note that:
- Micro:bits come with a USB Type-A cable. If you have a machine with only USB-C, be sure you have an adapter (For example: Amazon).
- One activity will demonstrate micro:bit to micro:bit radio communication, which can be done in the simulator or with two real micro:bits. I recommend getting two micro:bits, but it’s a small component of the workshop.
You can either purchase a complete kit from me or buy parts individually:
- To purchase a complete kit from me:
- Please request a kit by Sept. 15th
- Kits will be shipped approximately one week before the workshop (by Sept 18th).
- I buy in quantity and/or at a discount from a local store, so kits may be cheaper than buying all parts individually.
- Payment may be made by PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, or sending a personal check. Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- There are two options:
- Kit with 1 micro:bit Go and one set of clips/sensor/headphones (sufficient for about 90% of the workshop activities): $30
- Kit with 2 micro:bit Gos and one set of clips/sensor/headphones: $45
- To purchase items individually from Amazon:
- Get one or two Micro:bit Go kits: Amazon
- Two alligator clips: Amazon (this is a pack of 10, but only two are needed)
- Headphones or earbuds with phono connector (it’s likely that you already have some): Amazon
- (Optional temperature/humidity sensor): BOTH: